Employees’ Provident Fund: Don’t have UAN number? Relax, you can still check PF balance – Here’s how
Employees’ Provident Fund: When was the last time you checked your provident fund balance? You are likely to be surprised, the next time you do. Under Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), both employees and employers contribute 12% of the basic salary of the employee every month. And, that’s what makes this one of the best investment schemes. Provident Fund is basically a part of your salary that goes towards investment every month and after a while, you almost forget about it, only to realise that you have saved a major amount.
But, do you check your PF balance? The process has been made very easy through the official EPFO portal and Umang app. The provident balance can be checked online by anyone using UAN number. Now, what if you don’t have the UAN number? Relax, there is no need to worry. You can still check the PF balance using these steps –
1. Go to the official website of EPFO – epfindia.gov.in.
2. Look for the option that reads ‘Click Here to Know your EPF Balance’.
3. It will take you to a new page. From there, go to ‘Member Balance Information’.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online –
4. Fill in details like your state and EPFO office link.
5. Enter your PF Account Number, name and registered mobile number
6: Click on ‘Submit’ and your PF balance will be displayed.
Usually, the provident fund balance can be checked using four different ways – EPFO portal, UMANG app, missed call and SMS service. For most of these, however, you need to activate the UAN number that can be done through the official portal itself.