Food, culture and identity
Chicken Krapow Rice
- Steamed jasmine rice: 180 grams
- Chicken mince: 80 gms
- Chopped garlic: 10 Gms
- Chopped bird eye chilli: 10 gms
- Chopped red onions: 5 Gms
- Thai red chilli sliced: 5 Gms
- Haricot beans chopped: 10 Gms
- Fresh Basil leaves: 2 nos
- Fish sauce: 5 ml
- Non veg oyster sauce: 8 ml
- Dark soy sauce: 10 ml
- Chilli paste: 5 Gms
- Chilli oil: 5 ml
- Sugar: 5 Gms
- Chicken broth powder: 8 grams
- Potato starch: 5 grams
- Heat the wok with oil, sauté garlic, onion and chilli. Add chicken and cook.
- Toss the steam rice with basil leaves, Thai chilli and seasoning.
- Separately, sauté garlic and chilli in wok and chicken stock to it.
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, dark soy and seasoning to it and thicken with potato starch.
- Add the rice in a serving bowl and top with the chicken krapow sauce, While serving pour the hot sauce on rice clay pot.