Crunchy and Yummy Samosa Recipe
- 1 ½ cup refined flour
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water (As required)
- 4 potatoes boiled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 1/8 cup peas
- 5 gm ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To make Dough: Sift together flour and salt into a bowl. Add oil and rub it in with your fingers till mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Gradually add water, mixing and gathering flour to make a stiff ball.
- Knead till dough is smooth and elastic. Keep covered with a damp cloth for ½ hour.
- To make stuffinig: cut 3 potatoes into 3/4cm cubes. Mash 1 potato.
- Heat oil in a oan on medim heat for about 2 minutes. Add onion.
- Fry till light brown. Add peas, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves and water. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat till peas are tender and water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add cut potatoes, salt, coriander, garam masala, cumin, chilli and mango powders.
- Stir for about 2 minutes. Add mashed potatos and lemon juice.
- Stir fry for 1 minute. Allow mixture to cool.
- To make samosas: Knead dough for 1 minute. Make 12 balls.
- On a floured board, roll a ball of dough into a thin flat round 15cm in diameter.
- Cut round in half with a sharp knife. Dampen the cut edge of one half with water.
- Pick up and form a cone, making a ½ cm overlapping seam. Press to seal.
- Fill cone with 1 ½ tbsp. stuffing.
- Close top of cone by sticking the open edges together with a little water to form a ½ cm seam.
- Pinch top seam firmly to form a scalloped edge. Cover with damp cloth.
- Assemble remaining samosas in the same way.
- Heat oil in deep fry pan on high heat for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 6 samosas one after the other. Fry till dark golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Fry remaining samosas in the same way.
- Serve hot with hari chutney or ketchup.