SBI Green Remit Card: Here is how to send money
State Bank of India (SBI) account holders can now deposit cash at non-home branches. SBI’s Green Remit Card offers its customers the facility to remit money to a beneficiary’s account. This is a simple magstripe-based card and does not require PIN. With the help of this card, the customers can make “non-home cash deposit transactions to be routed through Green Channel Counter (GCC)/Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)”, the bank provided this information on its website. Non-home branch is the branch where a person does not hold an account.
Green Remit Card eligibility:
All the customers (remitters), particularly non-account holders, who want to remit money to a SBI bank account at regular intervals. The customers may visit any GCC branch or CDM branch and submit a simple application form along with one ID proof document card. The holders details would be mapped to the particular beneficiary account.
The card can be used for deposit of cash to the designated beneficiary’s SBI account. Card is accepted at all the Green Channel Counter Branches and Cash Deposit Machines.
How to send money through SBI’s Green Remit Card:
1. Remitter can visit any GCC branch or CDM to deposit cash.
2. When card is swiped, account particulars are shown on the screen for confirmation.
3. The customer have to enter the amount and deposit the cash, which would be verified, and acknowledgement would be generated.
4. Remitter and beneficiary will get SMS immediately on successful completion of the transaction.
5. Beneficiary SBI account will be updated with the transaction amount along with card number.
One can only deposit cash. Transaction limit is Rs 25,000 per transaction, subject to a monthly cap of Rs 1,00,000.